Then & Now

7:12 AM

I did this a few
years ago, and I figured since today is
typically dubbed "Throw back Thursday" I figured
I'd share some of my past work compared to my 
current work. 
As a photographer, we are
always changing and evolving.  We're always improving.
In order to improve, we have to shoot, shoot, shoot! We
have to go through trial and error to achieve what we conjure up
in our heads.  We have to continue to understand the importance of light and how it affects our work.  We have to understand our cameras.
Sure, a fancy, expensive camera can take
some awesome pictures.  But they will not be awesome unless
you know how to work it. Taking pictures on "Auto" mode doesn't
allow you to learn the mechanics of how to create a wonderful image.  
Since day one, I've never shot in auto.  You will only
see auto on my 8 year old point and shoot because, well, it's
pretty much the only option on that camera lol. Auto takes
away the art.  Learning manual on your DSLR is important. You 
get to control the exposure, the depth of field, the white balance, and shutter speed. 
I noticed, while digging 
through my archives, that I overexposed my images.  Like,
a lot.  Back then I thought my work at the time was so
spectacular.  I was so proud. It's amazing to see how far I've personally come in the last 5 years.  I actually began photographing in 2008, but didn't start archiving my images until 2009. 

Check out my Then & Now's! 

<3 

**ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF SARAH ELIZABETH IMAGES 2014*


Same Family Then & Now



Newborn Then & Now


Child Then & Now

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images