Homemade Chicken Enchiladas

5:07 PM

Last year I randomly came up with this
recipe. I was at the grocery store and chicken enchiladas
sounded really good.  So I just grabbed ingredients
that sounded like they would go great together. My goodness did it turn out amazing! Everyone who's had it loves it. Now I want to share it with all of you. *Note, this is by no means a healthy dish, but it's delicious none-the-less!* Here is a step-by-step instructions & recipe =)

 Here's what you'll need: minced garlic, 2 cans of 
cream of chicken, 1 package of Uncle Ben's 90 second spanish rice, 1 package of tortillas, 1 package of chicken breast (I used 3 breasts) 1 can of French's fried onions, 1 8oz bag of Kraft Mexican blend with Philadelphia cream cheese, chile powder, onion powder, pepper, olive oil, and 1/2 cup red pepper puree.

Before I start anything, I make sure I have fresh red pepper puree. If I don't, I cut up 4 red peppers, steam them in the microwave for 10 minutes, and then puree them in a food processor for about 2-3 minutes with 2-3 tablespoons of water. **Note, this won't taste right without the puree. Red pepper seasoning just doesn't cut it**  4 red peppers yields 2 cups of puree.

I seal the other 1.5 cups in 1/2 cup measurements and then freeze them.  This makes it easy for future recipes. Just pull a 1/2 cup the night before use and it's already thawed.
At this point, I pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Then I cut up the chicken breasts into cubes. In a sauce pan, over medium heat, I add in several tablespoons of olive oil, and a heaping amount of minced garlic. Torry & I LOVE garlic so the more the merrier! I let the garlic heat for a  minute and then I add the chicken.

 Once the chicken has been cooked for several minutes, I add in chile powder to taste (I like a lot, but you can add to taste) onion powder, and pepper--also to taste.
When the chicken is fully cooked, I add in the 1/2 cup red pepper puree. I stir it for about a minute and let it simmer for another minute so the chicken can absorb the flavor.
 Next, I add in 1 can of cream of chicken & mix in.
Once mixed, I cook the spanish rice for 90 seconds in microwave, and then add in to the mixture.
Your mix should look something like this.  I turn off the heat at this point and move on to the tortillas. 
 I used a 9x13 baking dish. I fit in 7 tortillas. I then divide up the mix in the saucepan into each tortilla and then fold them over to seal them.
 Next, I add on top the other 1 can of cream of chicken & spread it evenly over the top.
I use the whole 8 oz bag of cheese on top and sides of the enchiladas.
 Then, I add on the whole can of French's friend onions. Once that's spread on evenly, I put the dish, uncovered, into the over for about 20-25 minutes. Then voila!! 
 Serve it up and eat it up!! Depending on your hunger level, you can serve 7-14 people this stuff. It also warms up great in the microwave as leftovers.
Give it a whirl and let me know if you attempted this and what you thought! Of course you can tweak it to fit your taste with the seasonings & such as well as adding in more ingredients. I just happen to be a picky eater. 
ENJOY! <3 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images