Before and After

12:25 PM

It's taken me awhile to reconfigure my approach to beginning this blog.  Nearly every photographer has one and posts on it daily.  I'm a huge fan of following them and reading about what they have to say.  Even if it's the smallest thought that has
provoked their mind.  They make it look so effortless, and yet I had no words to begin.  
I thought about going back to the beginning, introducing myself, telling my life story, how I became a photographer, what inspires me etc. But I felt overwhelmed with the amount of information that began to roll through my mind. I want to try to keep it simple (when I can) and try to be real and honest through what I post.  I want to be able to share bits of my life along with knowledge of the photography world. I always thought being able to see into another photographers
personal world through their blog was touching. I loved being able to get a glimpse into their lives and connect with them on that personal level.
So on that note, I've decided to just cut to the chase and begin
posting where my thoughts are from the day. Thinking about going back to the  beginning made me think about the first year I started booking sessions. Another blog I recently read has dedicated a folder of images from all sorts of photographers 
with before and after photos. I always felt showing my past work was like standing in front of a crowded room....naked.  And so those pictures sit in their appropriate folder categorized by year and session on my backup hard-drive. I never wanted those to come out to the light of day ever again. Until now.
Where I started and where I have ended up with my work since 
2009 is remarkable to say the least. Here are some before and afters. 
Both photos are of the same person/family/friends.  The first one
taken in 2009 and the 2nd taken in 2011.
Enjoy! 

The Apostle Family 2009
 The Apostle Family 2011
Cameron 2009
 Cameron 2011

 3 Friends & a Photographer 2009
4 Friends & a Photographer 2011
 Ivy Ann 2009
 Ivy Ann 2011


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images